TRAVEL

Cosmic Journey in Baguio


We travelled Baguio with my family and friends, firstly for the strategic planning of my wife’s team and next to join the Panagbenga Festival. 


Our itinerary includes many side trips.  We experienced the Cosmic Journey, we tasted fresh strawberries at the Strawberry Farm, we experienced Buddhism at the Bell Church and we also went to the Mines View Park to witness the view.


I frequented Baguio a lot, but my Cosmic Journey experience at the Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary was like a soul searching experience for me.  With that experience, I can say that I found my soul and the essence of being human.
The Cosmic Journey starts with an orientation by the guide, and then we started the journey from the birth of the universe, then the birth of the earth, then the blooming of flowers, then the birth of the primates, then the first human beings, then the different religious traditions, and so on.  There were 14 stations in the whole journey.  The culmination of our journey was the painting of pots.  We painted our life experiences to each of our pots and then we presented it to the group about the meaning of what we have painted on that pot.


We also experience the bonfire which was one of the first traditions of early humans.  We sang songs, drank wine and enjoyed the crispness of the night.



The whole journey was an eye-opener of the cosmic realities and I realized that humans are just a speck of dust of the universe.  We are just nothing if we don’t give meaning to our lives.